Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer Waiter Cover Letter

Summer Waiter Cover Letter

Dear Hiring Manager,

Please accept my enthusiastic application for the summer season waiter position you recently advertised on Monster.com. You state that Michael’s Restaurant requires a waiter with experience in the food industry, strong customer service skills, and the ability to work under pressure. I believe I fulfill all of these requirements, and am therefore an excellent candidate for the position.

I have an extensive background in the food industry. I worked for two years at a fast-food restaurant. During this time I gained experience in nearly every aspect of food service. I took orders and served customers their meals, handled the cash register, and performed daily inventory checks. As a waiter for Michael’s Restaurant, I could therefore assist not only in taking orders and serving customers, but also in a variety of other capacities in which you might need assistance.

I have also worked in customer service for years. As a cashier at a grocery store for two years, I assisted as many as one hundred customers daily; I not only helped people bag groceries and make payments, but I also offered assistance in finding obscure products and effectively using our coupons. At Riley’s Fast Food Joint, I also interacted with dozens of customers each day; I always made sure to provide clear and thorough answers to questions about our meal options and the cost of items. I know I could bring this friendly, helpful customer service to a position as a waiter at Michael’s Restaurant.

Finally, I work my best under pressure, and believe I would thrive in your restaurant’s fast-paced environment. Working at the grocery store and fast food restaurant, I grew accustomed to serving dozens if not hundreds of people daily. Despite the crowds and long lines, I always maintained my quality customer service. As the captain of my high school swim team, I also learned to handle extreme pressure. For example, when a teammate was injured during a swim meet, I coolly helped reorganize the team and put a new swimmer in his place. I was always the one my teammates turned to in stressful situations, and I know I would be equally cool, calm and collected as a waiter. My experience in the food industry and in customer service, and my ability to thrive under pressure make me an excellent candidate for your waiter position.

I have enclosed my resume, and will call within the next week to see if we might arrange a time to speak together. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Damian Finkle
123 Elm Street
Albany, NY 12224
c: (518) (555 -1234)
e: damian.finkle@college.edu