An Application Letter Example for Freelance Writer
▪ City State
▪ Zip Code
▪ Phone Number
▪ email address
OBJECTIVE: To bring my personal Brand of effective and engaging writing to a larger audience within the scientific and literary community.
- Science and literary writer excellent in preparing articles that engage, educate, and inform the general public at all levels.
- Specializes in aerospace medicine, physics, and fine arts.
- Unparalleled experience of 15 years success with magazines and peer-reviewed journals.
LIST OF CLIENTS
- Alternative Times
- American Medical Association
- American Psychological Association
- National Pain Foundation
- Prevention Magazine
- Logic Magazine
Mackinack Magazine: 2006-Present
Write literature reviews, literary and textbook book reviews, and film reviews, research physics articles, and compose poetry.
Antarctic Research Magazine: 2000-2006
Collaborated on a cultural anthropology series about Arctic Peoples.
Crime In New York Journal: 1998 - 2003
Learned investigative reporting and content editing.
EXPERIENCES IN PROFESSIONAL AND VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATIONS
- American Association of Scientific Writers
- New Orleans Reconstruction Group
- Novalleuat Mathematicians Community
- Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse
- University of Michigan: BA, MA: English
- Fishman Law School: JD
LIST OF WRITING EXAMPLES
- How to Write a Resume
- Is the Prospect of Living on Mars Practical?
- Medical Communities on the Moon
- Science and Logic
- The Universal Messages of Poetry
[Note: make sure to include Internet links wherever possible, or attach articles to an email application.]