Friday, July 27, 2012

Sample Email Cover Letter for a Freelance Writing Job

Sample Email Cover Letter for a Freelance Writing Job

I read your job posting with interest.

In my position as Business Representative for Union Local 080, I wrote feature articles for the website, managed content and link submissions, and wrote and sent a weekly email newsletter to subscribers.

While Legislative Director for Assemblyperson Susan Smith, I researched, drafted and amended legislation, wrote press releases, and was responsible for office communications and correspondence.

I also have extensive experience writing on a freelance basis on labor issues, which, I believe, would be an ideal match for this position. Articles are available for your review at:

URL
URL
URL

Additional writing samples and my resume are attached. If I can provide you with any further information on my background and qualifications, please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your consideration.

Jane Doe
Email
URL
Phone