Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sample Cover Letter - General

Sample Cover Letter - General
Your Name
Your Address
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Your Email

Date

Name
Title
Organization
Address
City, State, Zip Code

Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:

I am writing in reply to the classified ad seeking to fill the position of Graduate Student Advisor for the Master of Arts in Liberal Studies degree program.

I have been awarded the degree of Master of Arts from XXXX so I understand the need for academic advisement and program planning in a nontraditional higher education environment. I have also experienced, first-hand, the comforting effect of being able to contact an adviser who genuinely cares for the success of students.

During my career as an electrician I was elected Chairman of the Executive Board which sat as the union’s representatives to the apprenticeship advisory board. In this capacity I was able to be an effective advisor to apprentices who were experiencing scholastic problems which threatened their future in the industry; especially to older apprentices who were seeking a career change and had problems adjusting to the obligations of work, school and family life.

I believe my educational background in nontraditional post-graduate education and my work related duties of counseling and advising students enrolled in learning programs qualifies me for consideration for the position of Graduate Student Advisor. I look forward to discussing how my skills can be of value to XXX as it prepares to move into the new millennium.

Sincerely,

Your Signature

Your Typed Name