Monday, June 18, 2012

Cover Letter Example - Development - Museum

Cover Letter Example - Development - Museum
Your Contact Information
Address
City, State, Zip Code
Phone Number
Cell Phone Number
Email

Employer Contact Information

Name
Title
Company
Address
City, State, Zip Code

Date

Dear Mr./Ms. LastName

I am submitting my resume for your consideration with regard to future openings within the development department of The Science Museum.

My past experiences have prepared me well for a variety of development and administrative duties. As a Supervisor for my university's Annual Fund, I maintain and report on a broad spectrum of donor-related information for over 100,000 alumni. This necessitates my familiarity with a diverse staff of both students and administrators, and an awareness of new and continuing initiatives. Additionally, as an intern at a premier clinic for science research, I developed databases for a vast number of patient records, which required self-initiation and excellent time-management.

Furthermore, as a Residential Advisor I facilitate the planning and implementation of dozens of events in a variety of settings for 700 residents. More over, my degree in the Biology emphasizes attention to detail, problem solving, written and oral skills, and information analysis. These abilities would greatly add to my effectiveness as a member of a development team.

I am drawn to The Science Museum because I am committed to working in a field that promotes civic education, demonstrated by my past volunteerism and employment in university development. Combined with my background in the sciences, I admire the contribution that The Science Museum makes to scientific exploration, and I would be honored to be a part of the development department.

My salary requirements are negotiable. I am looking forward to learning more about employment opportunities, and can be reached via email at Joe_Applicant@school.edu or by telephone at 555-555-5555.

Sincerely,

Your Signature

Your Typed Name