Thursday, June 28, 2012

Nanny Cover Letter Example

Nanny Cover Letter Example

Dear Mr. Wyle,

Please accept my enthusiastic application for the position of summer nanny for your two children, Tara and Taylor. As soon as I saw your advertisement on Nannies4hire.com, I knew I was the perfect candidate for the position. I believe my experience working with elementary school children, my tutoring background, and my knowledge of arts and crafts would make me an excellent nanny for your daughters.

You state in your advertisement that your children are in first and third grade. I have extensive experience with working with children around these ages. As a camp counselor for two summers, I worked primarily with groups of seven-year-olds. I have a strong understanding of the general abilities and interests of children at this age. I also lead weekly arts and crafts lessons for children between the ages of five and twelve. I therefore know what sorts of games and activities would be most appropriate for your children.

You also explain that you want a nanny who will provide some academic instruction for your children. As a tutor for two years, I have a background in teaching information to younger students. I have tutored Spanish in the past, but would love the opportunity to teach your children in any subject you desire.

Finally, I have a strong interest in arts and crafts, and would love to design crafts to create with Tara and Taylor. As a volunteer at a daycare center, the Vice President of my high school’s arts and crafts club, and a camp counselor, I have designed over thirty crafts and led dozens of lessons on how to create these crafts. Many of these activities would be perfect for your children, and would provide them with stimulating entertainment for hours over the summer. ,p>My passion for working with children, my tutoring experience, and my love of arts and crafts would make me an excellent nanny for your two children. I have enclosed my resume, and will call within the next week to see if we might arrange a time to speak together. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Isabelle Thatcher
105 Belleview Ave.
Chicopee, MA 01013
c: 413-323-1133
e: isthatcher@email.com