Sunday, June 24, 2012

Cover Letter Example - Entry Level Marketing

Cover Letter Example - Entry Level Marketing
Your Contact Information
Address
City, State, Zip Code
Phone Number
Cell Phone Number
Email

Employer Contact Information

Name
Title
Company
Address
City, State, Zip Code

Date

Dear Mr./Ms. LastName,

I am very interested in this position with ABC Marketing Group, and believe that my education and employment background are appropriate for the position.

During my tenure at XYZ College, I have noticed my growing interest in marketing and public relations. Last summer, I interned at the national Sculpture Society in New York City. My position entailed me to develop web pages and slideshows publicizing the success of the society's artists. I was able to utilize my web authoring skills to assist the organization in their goal to promote sculpture.

As an assistant at career services, I am responsible for updating information on alumni, career advisors and companies who publicize internships with our office. This involves heavy calling during my shifts at the office. In addition to calling, I also email clientele. This calls for me to employ interpersonal skills to communicate with clients effectively. The office also gives me the responsibility of publicizing events via Facebook.

In my current position as Apple Campus Representative for XYZ College, my primary goal is to promote and educate current and potential patrons. I do various promotion campaigns such as putting posters up, maintaining a webpage and Facebook page. I hold weekly workshops and or demo tables, promoting Apple and assisting patrons on a face-to-face basis.

I believe that my experiences in marketing and interpersonal skills make me a prime candidate for this position. I am a diligent worker, and passionate about my work. I will be valuable asset to your company and use this as a opportunity to grow and further the development of my marketing skill set.

Thank you very much for considering my application for candidacy. I will follow up within a week to confirm that all of my materials were received and hopefully set up an interview time.

Best Regards,

Your Name